Friday, October 17, 2008

A day in Bario

Briefly.. Bario. Went there for just a day a night, just to keep my mum company. She was there for a work trip. It ain't that fun but my God, Bario did took my breath away. It's just sad that I didn't have the chance to see more of it, but for a day trip, I guess it was OK. Surely, definitely, going again the second time.

This was our ride / flight. ;p
MasWings.
It's the same kinda plane we use flying from Marudi to Miri then Miri to Bario. There wasn't any flight going straight from Marudi to Bario that day, so, yea we too that one. Don't ever try to walk back and forth in the plane while it's in the air. You get all bouncy and really, just can't hold your balance. I did look a lil like a fool doing that just to take this following shot! darn!

This was actually took on the flight back to Marudi. Same thing.. Tomato tomato..

So, there, since my mum's giving a talk on how to score in Maths for the PMR students there, we got the first class stay. Yep yep! See, this is the room.

So nice and cozy.. Air-cond not included. But seriously, who needs them. Unless you wanna end up dead with hypothermia (or something like that - I know I heard it once in Grey's Anatomy!) then go ahead.

We arrived Bario at around 2pm I think. Our flight from Marudi was delayed cause of the weather. It was too windy and cloudy or something like that. Anyway.. upon arrival, one of my mum's friend came with a motorcycle, which obviously we 3 can't get on so she arranged a 4WD to take us to the school. On the way.. check out some of the views.

Look at those blue skies. Ohh! It was a lil muddy. Baru lepas hujan. But the good thing was, it wasn't that cold. Oh and of cause, with such cool weather, the grass were greener and the flowers were colorful! Check out the school..

There's more but it's too colorful, hence too large. Haha! No lah.. I'll upload more later. The internet connection is kinda slow tonight. Oh oh.. and that last picture there, was taken in front of the little cottage (teachers' quarters ;p) where we stayed in.

That night we had a few drinks, the teachers organized a mini-BBQ for my mum, chats.. then at about 3am I think, we called it a night. It was too cold to be staying awake.

That morning, we had to rush to the airport for the 9am flight. There wasn't enough time to walk around or go to the beautiful lalang hill behind out place cause it took me ages to brush my teeth. The water was freezing cold so I had to boil some to.. you know, do my stuff.

On the way, we had the famous bubur bario and coffee for breakfast before taking the bumpy ride on 2 motorcycles to the airport. My 'driver' was a 15 year old boy and he's really good at riding that bike on the muddy lane with me occasionally screamed 'look out!' or just a blank short one whenever I get mud on my jeans from the splash. Of cause he just grinned. Cis cis cis! Oh, and I so so so pity my pinkly (my a-day-old pair of pink slipper I bought just before the flight ;p). And so, the journey ends. But though it was a short one, it was enough to make me want more. I definitely am going back to Bario and experience more..

I will..

Hmm.. I wonder when. Sigh..

No comments: